Hot Air Balloon Art

Tuesday 23 March 2010

Today Room 7 drew and decorated some hot air balloons to enter a competition for the Middle School because this week is Balloons over Waikato.

First we got a piece of scrap paper and drew a draft of our hot air balloons.

After that we started on our good copy by colouring the balloon with pastels, felts and coloured pencils. Making the balloon the right shape was quite difficult.

Then we chose either a black or blue background for our balloons. The black paper was for the night glow scence and blue was for the daytime sky.

We thought the hot air balloons looked very bright and colourful and we were very proud of them (we hope we win).

9 comments:

  1. Even if you don't win I think your NightGlow Balloons look spectacular. I hope you get to see it in the ASB window soon. I thought your teacher did a great job on her attempt too. Did you know that another teacher also did one for the competition? You will have to do some detective work to find out who it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow a very colourfull bunch of ballons room 7, i do hope you win, your all very clever. Steve (Lauren's Dad)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked all the cool balloons that Room 7 did

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your balloons room 7.
    from Charlotte.C

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW I like your balloons room7


    thanks briar weatherley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow great art work Room 7. You have done an awesome job!
    Tineke, Kurtis's mum

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ballon's look great and colourful

    from Madison.S

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulus balloons room7 WOW! so coulerful!
    lauren forbes

    ReplyDelete