Today Zebong the storyteller came to our class to tell us a traditional chinese tale with a few added twists. You can view part of the story above. After he had told the story we wrote our own 'twist' for the part about the mermaid's kiss.
Here are some of the twists that we wrote for when Kurtis met the mermaid.
Kurtis was rowing out to sea and he saw a mermaid and he said, "I will hit you on the head with my banjo so give me a kiss already." So he did.
By Shaden
Kurtis was rowing out to sea when he saw an evil mermaid. Kurtis jumped on the rock and drew his trusty sword and chopped it's head off. "You won't be putting a curse on me," yelled Kurtis.
By Lachlan
Kurtis was rowing out to sea and his boat sunk down. He hit his head on the mermaid's rock and the mermaid kissed him and he turned into Lady Gaga. He was so happy he fell in to a deep sleep and the mermaid went into the sea.
By Jessica
Kurtis was rowing out to sea when he saw a beautiful mermaid. Kurtis played his banjo as loud as he could and the mermaid kissed Kurtis on the lips. Kurtis fell backwards and bumped his head after he kissed the mermaid.
By Ethan
Kurtis was rowing out to sea when he saw a beautiful mermaid. He said, "will you give me a kiss and marry me so that I will have good luck forever." "NO!" said the mermaid. Suddenly Kurtis started playing his banjo and the mermaid jumped into his boat and gave him a big smoochy kiss. "Will you marry me?" said the mermaid. He rowed off home as happy as he could be.
By Lauren
Lauren, I like the use of direct speech in your story about the mermaid. The speech let's me make funny voices for the characters when I read the story to myself. I really like the happy ending too.
ReplyDeleteWow look out TVNZ here come Kurtis and Benedict! That was such great acting I havent laughed so hard in ages....
ReplyDeleteTineke, Kurtis's mum
Funny Story's aabout Kurtis
ReplyDeleteFrom Madison.S